As a part of our integrated drug discovery services, LAXAI provides high-throughput platforms for the rapid screening of compounds. We offer tailor-made biochemical and cell-based assay development services to meet the needs of clients and aid in screening campaigns.
Assay Development: We offer solutions to help develop and optimize in vitro assays to screen for new chemical entities (NCEs) as well as biologics encompassing major therapeutic areas like inflammation, cancer, metabolic disorders, and pain. This may include developing custom assays to measure target engagement, enzymatic and biochemical activity, immunological parameters, cell-based assays, blood-based as well as other ex vivo assays, and other relevant biological endpoints. To support such objectives, LAXAI has thorough expertise in the application of the latest technology platforms like nanoBRET, alphaLISA, and HTRF, to name a few. Tandemly, LAXAI also offers molecular biology services like DNA manipulation and cell line development to aid and complement assay development activities.
High-throughput Screening: We perform high-throughput screening of large chemical libraries using in vitro assays. This involves using synchronized automated liquid handling and detection systems to screen thousands of compounds in a short period of time without compromising on accuracy.
Mechanism of Action Studies: We understand the mechanism of action of drug candidates using in vitro assays. This involves using biochemical and cellular assays to identify the molecular targets and signalling pathways affected by drug candidates. Assessment of off-target effects is also done to have a better understanding of the structure-activity relationship.
Infrastructure and Instrumentation:
- Access regulated Biosafety level -2 cell culture lab equipped with Class II A2 biosafety cabinets, automated cell counter, refrigerated centrifuge, freezers and coolers, water jacketed shaking enabled CO2 incubator, ambient incubator, inverted microscope and liquid nitrogen tanks
- Repository of human cancer cell lines encompassing major tissue types as well as other mammalian cell lines
- Microbiology lab with microbiological culture cabinet, BOD shaker incubator
- Molecular biology work area having QuantStudio 3.0 RTPCR, iBRIGHT CL1500 imaging system, Miniprotean electrophoresis system, semi dry western blot, horizontal gel electrophoresis system
- Envision HTS 2105 multi-mode plate reader
- Platform plate shakers
- Integra and ClipTip automated multi-channel pipettes
- Refrigerated multi-rotor centrifiges
- Adequate -80, -20 and 4oC storage space